How to Memory Speed Test (RAM) - RAM is short for Random Access Memory, RAM is very needed in the all of computer. RAM is the nature of temporary storage media. Why the nature of RAM is temporary, because the function of RAM in computer is for saving a data intruction before the instruction is processed by processor. The data instruction in the RAM will be lost if the instruction is processed by processor.
Therefore, the speed of RAM is very affect to performance of processor. The speed of RAM is can be test using mutiple tools. With using the tools, We can knowing the speed of RAM in our computer. RAM also having a types, the types are appropriate hardware which use.
For speed test of RAM, below is multiple tools which can be use:
1. Memory BenchmarkThis Memory benchmark is a software are working on Windows Operating System. This tool is for looking a detail of performance memory (RAM). Therefor memory benchmark can use for testing speed of memory on computer. Need to know, the memory benchmark is a paid software.
2. CPU ZCPU-Z is a software which working in Windows Platform 32 bit or 64 bit. This tool are developing by CPUID DEVELOPERS. With using CPU-Z on our computer. We can knowing the hardware spesification on computer. So, the speed of RAM can be looked. For download the CPU-Z, you can visit this address http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html.
3. PassMark PerformanceTestPassMark PerformanceTest is software which capable of cheking the performance of computer. One of the features by PassMark PerformanceTest is below :
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, and SSE
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
4. Command Promt (CMD)Without download a software, we can do testing speed of RAM using oru computer. With using Command Promt (CMD) are include on Windows Operating System, The speed of RAM on computer can be determined. The command for check RAM speed is "winsat mem".
Paper 4Share - How to Memory Speed Test (RAM)