Xtreme Download Manager (XDM) for Ubuntu / Mint / Kali Linux / Debian based Linux - XDM is like with IDM (a Download Manager just for Windows). XDM is a software downloader working on Windows or Linux. xmd is very very like IDM, but this software are small resource.
This is a some features of XDM :
- Support HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Protocols with Authentication, Proxy Server, etc.
- Download file at maximum speed up to 5 times faster.
- Resumable download.
- Can be integrated with any browser (Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, Opera, etc).
- Can be downloading video from portal videos like Youtube, MySpaceTV, etc.
- Available portable version.
Installation Xtreme Download Manager
Okay, Paper 4Share will explain how to install XDM on Ubuntu / Mint / Kali Linux / Debian based Linux :
1. Before beginning the installation of XDM on your system, first you have to check weather java is installed on your Ubuntu system. To check weather java installed on your system, type this command on your terminal.
javacIf you already installed java on your system, then it will show you java files installed on your system, so you can following the second step.. If you haven’t installed java on your system, then the above command will show you the name of java packages that you can install on your system, so follow a command below for install it.
sudo apt-get install default-jre2. Download a deb file on http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/files/. And than choose xdman.deb
3. After you are downloading the deb file. Open your Terminal or press (Ctrl Shift T).
4. Change your directory active to the directory of xdman.deb file.
cd [YOUR DIRECTORY DEB FILE]For example, the directory of xdman.deb file on /home/paper4share/Download.
cd /home/paper4share/Download5. Okay, and than install that package
sudo dpkg -i xdman.deb
Setup Xtreme Download Manager integration for browsers
After that installation finish. The final step is setup xdm for integrated on your browsers.
For Firefox: Install xdman extension, first run xdman then enter this url in browser:
http://localhost:9614/xdmff.xpiFor Google Chrome / other browsers: Go to System Settings > Network > Network Proxy > Select Automatic in Method and paste following line in configuration URL.
http://localhost:9614/proxy.pacEnjoy it !!
- Notepadqq Is The Best Sollution Text Editor for Ubuntu/Linux Mint Like Notepad++ on Windows
- How to Install Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition on Linux System
- How to Install SSH Dropbear on VPS
- What is SSH Tunneling
Paper 4Share - Xtreme Download Manager (XDM) for Ubuntu / Mint / Kali Linux / Debian based Linux