5 Step How to Install LibreOffice on Linux Mint - LibreOffice is an application for office. The LibreOffice have potentiality like Microsoft Office. But LibreOffice are available for Linux Operating System. This software are distribution for Debian, Ubuntu or Deterative of Ubuntu (Xubuntu, Kubuntu, BlackBuntu, etc).
The features of LibreOffice is :
- Application for Word processor which called Writter.
- Application for presentation which called Impress.
- Application for numeric processor which called Calc.
- Application for database processor which called Base.
- Application for drawing which called Drawing.
- And some feaures for working at office.
1. Download soruce og LibreOffice from this address http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. And than extract it using this command :
tar -xzfv LibreOffice*.tar.gz2. And than, you can change the directory active to the directory [LibreOffice extracted]/DEBS. For example the name of the directory is LibreOffice_4.3.1_Linux_x86-64_deb. So use this command
cd LibreOffice_4.3.1_Linux_x86-64_deb/DEBS/3. After you are on the DEBS directory, Now you can installing the deb file using this command.
dpkg -i *.deb4. And now, still on your shell terminal, this is will make the LibreOffice are integration in the application menu. Move to desktop-integration directory.
cd desktop-integration5. For finishing steps, install the menus deb file using this command.
dpkg -i *.debPlease wait it, until all process are done. Enjoy it!! And thanks for your visit. More tutorial installing Libre Office :
5 Step How to Install LibreOffice on Linux Mint